Thank you for your interest in ordering a Ginton Forge Fremen Crysknife and Sheath! You can find the order details below:
Ordering Your Crysknife:
The order process will be through email. Ginton Forge will require the following details to be able to send you an invoice via email. Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your crysknife preference: Painted Crysknife and Sheath (US$499) or Painted Crysknife ONLY (no Sheath) (US$199)
- Add an additional US$50 for custom engraving of your name in Fremen script.
- Your email address or PayPal email address (example: email@example.com)
- You mailing address so we can compute for shipping + contact number (helps DHL keep in touch with you when tracking your package)
This crysknife and sheath is replica of the prop used in David Lynch’s Dune–an original Ginton Forge creation and not a recast of an existing prop.
Each Ginton Forge Crysknife and Sheath is individually handcrafted from polyester resin treated with ivory tonal values, custom sanded and hand painted with acrylic. As a result, no two pieces are exactly alike; this is in keeping with the Fremen custom of individualised crysknives. Visit the Fremen Crysknife and Sheath product page for more information.
Casting began in January 2014 with the total number limited to 30 (thirty) crysknife and sheath sets.
In March 2014, the crysknife replica won Gold in the 2014 Instructables Makerlympics under the Play Category after being featured in this Instructable. In this link is a review that Mark Bennett of Duneinfo.com–and owner of crysknife set 01 of 30–did on the crysknife. The original review is from this post in the Duneinfo Facebook Page.
Important notes for international buyers (Please read before ordering):
- Ginton Forge ONLY accepts payments via PayPal, which accepts major credit and debit cards.
- After you commit to order, you will be sent an invoice via email, which includes the item price and cost of shipping. We will only start manufacturing your crysknife after payment has cleared.
- Should you decide to cancel your order, we will refund your money prorated to the work already done on the product. Unfinished knives will not be shipped and remain the property of Ginton Forge.
- If you are unsatisfied with your product you may ship it back to us in its original packaging. We will refund your money contingent upon receipt of the undamaged product.
- This item is made specific to buyer’s specifications. Please allow a maximum of thirty (30) days from time of payment for us to manufacture your product—you will be duly updated on the progress of your product as it is made and be notified of the exact shipping date.
- Your item will be shipped via DHL. Your item will be shipped in a box designed to ensure maximum protection for your item and sealed with padding. The box design is a hexagon tube inscribed in a triangular tube, making sure that your item sits tight and cozy in a sturdy shell.
- For estimates on shipping fees, please use a shipping calculator. Ginton Forge is currently using DHL; we recommend you make use of the DHL Rate and Time Calculator. Please refer to this sample form for input information on item origin, weight and dimensions. Please note that calculator results are estimates and may differ from actual shipping costs.
- Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility. Before ordering, please check with your country’s customs bureau to determine additional costs you are required to pay.
- Customs fees are normally charged by the shipping company or collected when you pick the item up. These fees are not additional shipping charges.
- Ginton Forge will inspect the item you have purchased and ensure that it is in good condition before shipping it to you. Once you have received the package please inspect the item in the presence of the postman before signing the form asserting that the goods were received in good condition.